Webinar on Understanding US Product Safety Apparel Requirements and Risk-Based Targeting at the Border is going to take place on October 17.
The webinar will be hosted by the Canadian Apparel Federation and sponsored by Export Development Canada. It will be presented by Crowell & Moring LLP.
This webinar will provide practical guidance on the U.S. product safety requirements for apparel makers and how to effectively address risk-based targeting by U.S. Customs.
Importers of apparel face tough product safety regulation and enforcement in the U.S. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is increasingly focusing its enforcement efforts at the customs entry process using a risk-based approach to targeting shipments for auditing. Companies are challenged to keep up and comply with the full range of product safety regulatory obligations that apply to their products and rapidly respond to issues with U.S. regulatory agencies when they arise.
Webinar will cover:
• Product safety regulatory and certification requirements for adult and children’s apparel
• Interplay between federal and individual state requirements
• Elements of a reasonable testing & certification program
• Recent CPSC apparel enforcement actions and risk trends
• Risk-based targeting by U.S. Customs & Border Patrol and the Consumer Product Safety Commission
• How to handle border stoppages & what rights do you have with which agency
Speakers are Bridget Calhoun, co-chair of the Product Risk Management practice and specializes in “bet-the-company” government investigations and regulatory enforcement matters; Cheryl Falvey, Torts and Product Risk Management partner and formerly the general counsel of the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission; & Jini Koh, International Trade associate specializing in import and market access matters.
Click here for registration information.