The Customs Duty and International Trade Course, hosted in conjunction with the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants, is a three-day intensive course that provides importers and exporters with up-to-date knowledge to navigate and succeed in the global trade arena.
A team of top trade and customs experts will outline the main rules that govern the international trade of goods and services and what you need to do to ensure your business is compliant, as well as address the key programs used by importers and exporters.
• Canada Customs Act, Customs Tariff and Regulations
• Tariff Classification
• Value for Duty
• Rules of Origin (foucs on NAFTA)
• Role of Other Government Departments (OGDs)
• eManifest, Customs Self Assessment (CSA), Free and Secure Trade (FAST)
• Accounting and Recordkeeping
• Adjustments, Corrections and Audits
• Customs Enforcement, Audits, Penalties and Appeals
• Trade Remedies, e.g. anti-dumping and countervailing duties
• Export Regulations and Documentation
• Import and Export Controls and Trade Embargos
• U.S. Customs Basics
• International Trade and Investment Agreements
November 6, 2012 – November 8, 2012
Delta Meadowvale Hotel & Conference Centre
6750 Mississauga Road
Click here for a detailed course brochure.