Hosted in conjunction with the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants, this three-day intensive course is a practical tool providing importers and exporters with up-to-date knowledge to navigate and succeed in the global trade arena. Top trade and customs experts will outline the main rules that govern the international trade of goods and services and what you need to do to ensure your business is compliant, as well as address the key programs used by importers and exporters.
• Canada Customs Act, Customs Tariff and Regulations
• Tariff Classification
• Value for Duty
• Rules of Origin (focus on NAFTA)
• Role of Other Government Departments (OGDs)
• eManifest, Customs Self Assessment (CSA), Free and Secure Trade (FAST)
• Accounting and Recordkeeping
• Adjustments, Corrections and Audits
• Customs Enforcement, Audits, Penalties and Appeals
• Trade Remedies, e.g. anti-dumping and countervailing duties
• Export Regulations and Documentation
• Import and Export Controls and Trade Embargos
• U.S. Customs Basics
• International Trade and Investment Agreements
Facilitators include Robert Sacco, CCS, P. Log- Special Advisor to the President I.E.Canada; Jaime Seidner, CCS, Sr. Consultant, Fraser Milner Casgrain LLP; and John W. Boscariol, Partner, McCarthy Tetrault LLP.
Start Date: Monday June 11, 2012 | End Date: Wednesday June 13, 2012
Location: Delta Meadowvale Hotel & Conference Centre, Mississauga, ON
For course brochure, pricing and hotel accommodation information, click here.